With summer right around the corner, it is time to start preparing for the summer heat. Those scattering for dependable HVAC companies have come to the right place. As one of the top HVAC companies in Feasterville, PA, B & B Mechanical has helped keep homeowners cool every summer.
When the temperatures start to rise, having a working air conditioning unit with enough refrigerant can be a godsend. Even if your AC unit is working properly, a lack of refrigerant will prevent your home from staying cool during the dog days of summer. Even worse, running an air conditioner with a lack of refrigerant can lead to severe damage.
Anyone who believes that their air conditioner is running low on refrigerant should contact B & B Mechanical today. As the trust provider of HVAC installation in Feasterville, PA, our company has been the go-to choice for all AC services in the Greater Philadelphia area for over 20 years.
Before the hot temperatures are here to stay, keep an eye out for these three signs that your AC unit may be running low on refrigerant:
- One of the easy ways to see if your refrigerant is running low is if your house takes longer than usual to cool off. Even if you’re just turning on your unit for the first time this year, if you notice that your house never really feels that cold, a charge of freon from B & B Mechanical may be all you need to keep cool this summer.
- Another sure sign you’re low on refrigerant is a high increase in electric bill. An AC unit running on low refrigerant will run much longer than usual, sending your electric bill through the roof. While it is normal to see an increase between spring and summer due to your unit being on more often, but an increase from summer months last year compared to this year is an indicator your AC unit should be inspected by one of our technicians.
- Even though seeing ice on the refrigerant line may seem like its a good sign, it’s not. As refrigerant gets lower and lower, the unit’s evaporator coil gets colder and colder. This causes what little refrigerant left to flow back through the line. Any sight of ice or condensation on a refrigerant line should prompt a shutdown of the AC unit and a call to the experts at B & B Mechanical.
For more information on B & B Mechanical or our heating and boiler services in Washington Crossing, PA, we encourage you to give us a call at 215-240-4530 tod
There’s no doubt that you felt the blustering winds and waves of snow sweeping through the our region after the unseasonably late nor’easter storms that arrived this March. While it might not feel like spring outside yet, the temperatures will soon rise, and you’ll want your HVAC system to be working.
However, the nor’easter may have caused damage to your exterior system. At B & B Mechanical, the leading AC repair providers in Langhorne, PA, we have compiled a list of three things to check for before the warmer temperatures arrive.
- The cornerstone of these nor’easters was massive amounts of high-speed snow and wind. This means that mud, leaves and other forms of debris can get caught in pumps and fans that keep your HVAC system running efficiently. This can lead to increased utility bills and a less efficient system if blockages are not addressed.
- Interior corrosion. The most recent nor’easters brought with them a large amount of snow and ice. If your HVAC system was left uncovered when the storms blew through, melting snow can cause corrosion in the interior works of your cooling system. If you haven’t already, you need to make sure to throw a waterproof cover over your exterior HVAC unit to minimize the damage caused by blizzards.
- Ice build-up. If you’ve noticed that ice has built up on the exterior of your HVAC system, do not try to scrape or chisel it away yourself, as doing so can cause you to accidentally bend a piece of your machine and cause serious, irreversible damage. Instead, call one of our professionals to help get your system back up and running efficiently.
Have the nor’easters harmed your cooling system? Let B & B Mechanical take a look! Give our team a call today at 215-240-4530 to learn more about how we can help you have a more comfortable spring and summer with our services, which include AC repair in Newtown, PA.
Have you noticed the warmer temperatures and less chilly winds out lately? Spring is almost here, and it’s time to prepare your home for the upcoming season!
If you’ve been caught in a winter funk, break out of your rut and get ready for sunnier days ahead with these three simple home maintenance tips from B & B Mechanical, the HVAC installation experts serving Washington Crossing, PA, and the surrounding areas!
- Touch up your paint. When most homeowners think of spring, they imagine sunshine flickering in through their windows and enjoying the warmth from their sitting rooms or kitchens. Cleaning up the interior of your home can also boost your mood. Before spring arrives, take a look at the quality of the paint in the corners and on the molding of your most occupied rooms. These areas tend to become a little dingy over the winter, so try touching up the paint with the same shade or consider completely redecorating for a fresh new look!
- Bring in a new scent. When it’s cold out, everyone tends to spend more time indoors to warm up. This can lead to the interior of your home smelling a little stale and musty, especially after a winter like we’ve had this year where it was too cold to open the windows and doors! Pick out a new springtime scent to infuse into your home on the first warm day using candles, plug-ins or oil diffusers to get yourself in the mood for the upcoming season!
- Seek cooling system maintenance. Imagine this: it’s the first really hot day of the year, and you need to turn on your air conditioning system. When you press the button, the machine refuses to come to life, leaving you trapped and sweating in a home that’s too hot! Avoid this scenario by seeking cooling system maintenance and inspection before the spring season actually arrives.
If you haven’t invested in your pre-spring HVAC maintenance yet or are interested in our AC repair services in Croydon, PA, give our team at B & B Mechanical a call today at 215-240-4530 to schedule an appointment.
You might be ready to start acting on your goals for 2018, but is your home fit for the challenges you’ll face this year? If you’ve been avoiding getting the HVAC work done that you need, there’s no need to worry.
We at B & B Mechanical, one of the leading HVAC companies serving Feasterville, PA, can help you get the home you’ve been dreaming of and kick 2018 off right. Here are just three of the ways that our team at B & B Mechanical can help jumpstart your year.
● HVAC installation. Did you leave your old HVAC system in 2017? Don’t go without the cooling and heating that you need to keep your home comfortable! B & B Mechanical can have a new system placed into your home that runs more efficiently and reliably than models you may have previously used in your home, leading to a more comfortable house and reduced energy bills.
● Maintenance plans. If you have a reliable system now, keep it that way throughout 2018! A maintenance plan from B & B Mechanical will help you reduce the possibility of a breakdown, saving you money in the long run. You’ll have your system professionally cleaned and inspected to make sure that there are no minor issues that can turn into major breakdown lurking in your heating and cooling system.
● Financing options. If money worries have been keeping you from getting the HVAC upgrades or maintenance that you need, let B & B Mechanical simplify things with our easy financing options that make HVAC services affordable for everyone.
What are you waiting for? Make 2018 the year that you invest in your heating and cooling systems and create a space that you love coming home to with B & B Mechanical. Give us a call today at 215-240-4530 to learn more about a heater installation in Washington Crossing, PA!
Additionally, we are currently looking to expand our team. If you’re interested in becoming an installation technician, feel free to contact us at the number above to learn more about the position!